Thursday, November 22, 2012

IPA Wildlife Awards

Browsing through the annual International Photography Awards is always a pleasure. Now in its 10th year this must be the most comprehensive competition in the industry with over 61 Pro categories and a similar amount for Non-Pros & Students.  To date the IPA have paid out over $175,000 in prizes.

This year I was struck by the entry of Netherlands wildlife photographer Marsel van Oosten whose wildlife work is familiar to National Geographic readers. Marsel and his partner Daniella Sibbing run wildlife
workshops all over the world for their students.

His entry is titled "Close Encounters."

It's not hard to see why. Without Marsel's courage I'd be inclined to call it "Run Like Hell!"






2 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to be a wildlife photographer. Thanks for sharing these. They're stunnning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, halahblue. I think so, too. This time of year I love to see the best award winning photography. I have more coming soon.

    ReplyDelete